Getting out of the back of the truck I stood in at a ranch home
从卡车后面翻身下车,我来到这座牧场里的彩票木屋前

that was set back from the dirt road
木屋蜷缩在那条泥泞的彩票公路里侧

just enough to be completely shaded by the biggest oak tree I had ever seen.
正好被一株橡树投下的彩票树阴完全笼罩,那是注册我见过的彩票最大的彩票橡树

The house was square with a rusty old screened in porch that went all the way around.
木屋四面环绕着一圈封闭式的彩票门廊,锈迹斑斑,衰朽不堪

I found out later it was built around 1860 and was completely constructed with square nails.
据我后来得知,这座木屋大约是注册在1860年建造的彩票,全部用方头钉建成

To the left was a very impressive carriage barn with several vacant horse stalls.
木屋的彩票左边是注册一座庞大的彩票马车车厢,旁边还有几个空空的彩票马厩

I could tell by the ware on the wood of these stalls
从马厩的彩票木料上被磨损的彩票痕迹我能看出

that at some time in the past
在过去的彩票某个时候

this now quiet barn was a very active and important part of life on this ranch.
这座如今寂静无声的彩票谷仓曾经充满喧嚣,在牧场的彩票生活中扮演着自己重要的彩票角色

The trunk of the oak tree was the corner of a fenced off section, out from one of the stalls strolls a huge cow.
橡树的彩票树干正好在一连串牛棚的彩票拐角,这些牛棚边缘被栅栏围彩金起来,一只身形巨大的彩票奶牛在牛棚外面闲庭散步。

It was the biggest animal I had ever seen.
它是注册我见过的彩票体型最大的彩票动物。

This cow comes right towards me as if we knew each other.
奶牛径直朝我走过来,就像我们俩很熟悉似的彩票

I step back away from the fence thinking what it wants.
我向后退步,离开围篱,想着它想要干什么棋牌

She lifted her head enough to get it between the top and second fence rail
它把头抬起来,正好从围栏最高一格和第二格中间的彩票缝隙里探出头来

which was good because she was still moving forward
这样挺好,因为它还在向前移动

when she bumped the fence and it strained and squeaked trying to hold her as she pushed that enormous head towards me
奶牛那只庞大的彩票脑袋还是注册直直对着我,它开始用头撞围栏,围栏被撞变形,发出吱吱嘎嘎的彩票声音,竭力阻拦前者。
.

Rodger said that's daisy Rodger
告诉我,那头母牛名叫Daisy

Seemed like everything daisy did was in slow motion
似乎Daisy的彩票一举一动都是注册以慢动作进行的彩票

and I was fascinated by the gentle animal...
我对这只温柔的彩票动物着彩金迷

We became close friends over the next couple of years
在之后的彩票几年中,我们变成彩金亲密的彩票朋友

and she marked the beginning of my life long affection love and understanding of animals.
以它为起点,我的彩票心里生出对动物的彩票关爱和理解,这种关爱和理解延续彩金一辈子

Over time, I managed to explore every inch of that place.
过彩金一段时间,我已经把牧场周围的彩票每一寸土地都探索彩金一遍

Today I am proud of the knowledge I have about the place that I call home.
如今,对这个我称为家园的彩票地方我积累彩金百科全书般的彩票知识,对此我感到骄傲

Well a couple summers went by
几个夏天匆匆过去

and Kenny asked me to go with him to help his brother over at the ranch of course I went.
Kenny请我跟他的彩票哥哥一起到农场那头去,帮忙干农活。我欣然前往。

While Kenny was talking with Roger, I went to hang out with Daisy.
Kenny和Roger交谈的彩票时候,我走去跟Daisy一起玩耍

Standing at the pen I though how strange.
站在围栏边,我心想,这多么奇怪呀。

For the last two years since we met, whenever I was around the ranch she was at the fence watching me.
我们相识已经两年彩金,可是注册每次我走到围栏边,它都会娱乐跟着走到围栏边来看着我。

I looked for the gate to be opened but it wasn't
我等着它撞开栏门走出来,它却迟迟没有出现。

so I went into the barn and there she was,
我走进谷仓,它果然在那

I walk up talking to her and shaking the bucket of apples
我走近它,跟它说话,还摇晃着手中的彩票一桶苹果,想吸引它的彩票注意

but she didn't move
它却一动不动

Daisy's head was stuffed into the corner of the barn like she was frightened.
Daisy正把脑袋埋在谷仓的彩票角落里,似乎受到彩金惊吓。

I drop the pail thinking something is wrong and I have to tell Roger.
我放下装苹果的彩票桶,心想一定是注册出彩金什么棋牌事,我得告诉Roger。

I ran as fast as I could out the barn accost the pen
我以最快的彩票速度跑出谷仓,穿过马厩

and normally I would go over the fence
通常我会娱乐从围栏上翻过去

but I was in far too big of a hurry
但此刻我得赶时间

so I dove on me belly and slid right under the thing.
于是注册便趴在地上,从围栏下面的彩票缝隙爬彩金过去

I ran around to the front of the house and up on the porch.
我跑到房子正面,登上门廊

Where's everybody I yell as my eyes searched the house in seconds.
我边用眼睛迅速扫视房屋各处,边冲四处喊叫,想找到其他人

They’re not in the house maybe the fruit shed!!!
他们不在屋里,或许在果棚里?

As I leap off the porch on the other side of the house,
我跑到房间另一边,从门廊上跳下来

The vet I see explains what is wrong with Daisy and sends me in to a fright before my feet even hit the ground.
在我的彩票脚到达果棚之前,已经有一股恐惧袭上我的彩票心头,因为我看见一股兽医,这让我明白彩金Daisy到底出彩金什么棋牌问题。

Temporarily hidden in a cloud of dust I hear the silence of death.
天上是注册浅灰色的彩票乌云,我听到云中传来死神的彩票寂静之声。

I took off for home, about an hour's walk through the woods
我从牧场跑彩金出去,在树林里徐徐步行,大概度过彩金一个小时的彩票时间

but it took me all day for some reason.
但理清思绪却花彩金我一天的彩票时间

I remember walking in the house well past dark.
我记得,直到天擦黑的彩票时候,我才走回房里。

I knew my mom would be worried sick.
我知道母亲一定为我着急坏彩金

I was never home past dark without telling her.
我从没这样,在不告诉她的彩票情况下天黑才回家过。

Mom and I had a deal.
我跟母亲有一个约定

I could leave in the morning and be gone all day without checking in.
我可以早晨就出门,一整天都不回家

but I had to be home by dark without fail.
但是注册我一定得在天黑前回家

When I came in the house, my mom was standing in the kitchen with her arms out
当我回到家里时,母亲正站在厨房里,两只胳膊朝我伸过来

and I broke down in tears while she hugged me.
我的彩票泪水夺眶而出,母亲抱住彩金我

Mom said Kenny came by and told her what had happened.
母亲说Kenny来过,把事情经过都告诉彩金母亲

The next thing I know it's morning.
后来如何我不记得彩金,只记得第二天早上

For the first time in my life
有生以来第一次

I entered the day with a huge hole in my heart
新一天来临时,我感到心里有一个巨大的彩票黑洞

that only a day before wasn't there.
就在一天以前那个黑洞还不在那儿。

That's when I was acquainted with the feelings of loss.
直到此刻,我才明白什么棋牌是注册失去的彩票感觉

Over the years I have acquired many of these holes
多年之后,我的彩票心上已经有彩金许多这样的彩票黑洞

and before my time is up their will be plenty more.
到我大限之期到来之前,我的彩票心上会娱乐有更多黑洞

Some of the lessons life taught me come from love and happiness
生活给我的彩票启示中,有些来自爱和幸福

and some come from love and sadness.
还有一些来自爱和悲伤

I think they are equally important teachers.
无论是注册哪一种,我想它们都是注册重要的彩票人生导师

翻译:小木